Here we are, the first quarter of 2008 gone. I made a photo or two, like this one at the Mill Avenue Bridges, the original route over the Salt River to reach Phoenix from Tucson (although that is the new bridge. The old bridge carries the east/soutbound traffic). I’m still plodding through my January resolutions, and I need some help with #8 (Snappola). I am looking for a web shopping cart, of which there are about a million options to sort through. Here are my requirements:
- Installable by a mere mortal (uh, me). I did my own MT installation and upgrades, so I have some skill, but software is not my profession.
- Decent documentation (see #1)
- Active user community or reasonable support if I buy a license
- Does not require customers to create an account. This knocks out about 90% of the ones I’ve looked at (Zen Cart in particular). I hate having to create an account if I buy something on-line. Why would I inflict that nonsense on my customers?
- Easy to integrate with MovableType (preferred) or WordPress.
- Runs on XMission’s servers (unix-based)
- Integrates with PayPal
- Bonus points integrates with a third-party bulk email service.
If you, dear reader, have any suggestions, I am anxious to hear them.
As for the rest of my resolutions, I have nothing to cross off the list, but some progress to report along with the usual whinging.