A round-up of my more useful posts on photography, learning Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, and creativity in general.
- 7 things beginning photographers need to know on your journey to creativity with a very complicated machine.
- Learn photo composition with pen and paper. This exercise works better than any list of composition rules to memorize.
- Swipe books for photographers to learn composition.
- Using sunrise/sunset data to plan an outing and know exactly what time to set your alarm clock the night before.
- Plan to crop why filling the frame edge-to-edge might not always be the best idea.
- Winter weather photography tips because warm and dry photographers and gear make better pictures.
- Maximizing happiness on the upgrade path
- Fast manual metering check with an old-school film trick.
- Why shoot JPG to learn to shoot RAW and how to teach yourself to do RAW conversions.
- Fill and opacity, how they work and links to my other articles on blending modes.
- Lightroom Keywords Updated Start here for my keywording data dump.
- Camera-specific White Balance presets for Lightroom in which I reveal that no two camera models agree on what daylight might be.
- Lightroom Sorting: Stick a Label on it how I use labels in Lightroom for an additional filtering layer.
Creativity in general
Photography: Field Techniques and Gear
Photoshop and Adobe Camera RAW
Let me know if there are any favorites I missed, or topics you want covered.