Here we are, the first quarter of 2008 gone. I made a photo or two, like this one at the Mill Avenue Bridges, the original route over the Salt River to reach Phoenix from Tucson (although that is the new bridge. The old bridge carries the east/soutbound traffic). I’m still plodding through my January resolutions, and I need some help with #8 (Snappola). I am looking for a web shopping cart, of which there are about a million options to sort through. Here are my requirements:
- Installable by a mere mortal (uh, me). I did my own MT installation and upgrades, so I have some skill, but software is not my profession.
- Decent documentation (see #1)
- Active user community or reasonable support if I buy a license
- Does not require customers to create an account. This knocks out about 90% of the ones I’ve looked at (Zen Cart in particular). I hate having to create an account if I buy something on-line. Why would I inflict that nonsense on my customers?
- Easy to integrate with MovableType (preferred) or WordPress.
- Runs on XMission’s servers (unix-based)
- Integrates with PayPal
- Bonus points integrates with a third-party bulk email service.
If you, dear reader, have any suggestions, I am anxious to hear them.
As for the rest of my resolutions, I have nothing to cross off the list, but some progress to report along with the usual whinging.
- Get in shape I have my excuses. I’m not buying my own excuses, I wouldn’t expect less from my readers. Digging up the garden counts. Should help future nutrition. On the other hand, I did military press my 29 lb camera bag into the overhead bin. More strength will make it easier.
- Baseline mammogram scheduled for April.
- Find a publisher More queries are out right now.
- Learn to ride a horse My friend Fran has bought a horse, Barney. Barney has a pasture mate who is moving with him to their new home. As soon as they settle down, I’m going to go meet them.
- Take more salsa lessons Done, but more of more would be fun.
- Install CS3 done.
- Establish a systematic keywording workflow This project is turning into one of those long stories with all sorts of detours and I’m not too happy about it today. I bought a new 1 TB LaCie Triple to consolidate my library before I started the keywording. Today I got the order from LaCie to send it in for repair. For some reason the 800 firewire port does not work, although the 400 FW port does. But they declined my request to send a replacement to swap out so I could do an orderly transfer of my data. It’s about 1/2 full, and half of that has been copied to another, slower drive, so now I need to find 250GB of low cost storage so I can send the main storage unit back. Once I get it back, I am ready to load in my personal keyword list (around 500 terms right now) and start cataloging.
- Launch snappola.com See above: I need to find an Internet shopping cart.
- Shoot the wedding dress remix still waiting until June, or July (when the snow melts!)
- Make a Turducken needs to be rescheduled with Millie. Millie hiked below the rim in the Grand Canyon in March, which is way cooler than any cooking project. But we are undeterred. Turducken will be blogged before 2008 is out.