The final win-loss on my 2008 resolutions
- Get in shape I realized this one needs a metric or it wasn’t going to get done. Late in December, I started a 100 day push. I finished out December on an upswing. I’m micro-blogging this in Twitter under #100days2fit.
- Baseline mammogram done.
- Find a publisher So close, but no cigar. Full details when I achieve victory.
- Learn to ride a horse Another goal without a metric. I did learn a lot about horses in 2008.
- Take more salsa lessons
- Install CS3 done. Just in time for CS4
- Establish a systematic keywording workflow I did not get motivated on this one until December either. Lightroom 2 is enough better that I’m actually interested in doing this in 2009.
- Launch snappola.com On permanent hold.
- Shoot the wedding dress remix After the test shots, I missed the window of opportunity for the real thing. Concept is sound. Will do it in 2009 if at all possible
- Make a Turducken This is why the Getting Things Done system has a “Someday” category.
I ended 2008 where I left it in July, at 40%. The big things I learned from this exercise: that measurable goals work best for me; to structure my goals so that I can declare victory over my part, regardless of what happens around me; and that six months into a year, my priorities will change. Not to mention that my major accomplishments in 2008 aren’t represented here. For 2009 I’m going to try some different tools to reach my goals. They goals themselves are still pretty lofty, and that’s how I like them.